Sunday, July 10, 2011

Spooky Candle

The first Halloween project of the season.
I saw this technique last year during a Blog hop, but can't remember who to give credit to.
You stamp the image you want on the shiny side of tissue paper, this particular candle image i didn't color because of the orange candle, but for Xmas you would use a white candle, and color it with Primsa colored pencils, which is fairly easy to do. Cut out image as close as possible, lay on candle then wrap a piece of wax paper around it to hold in place, heat with a heat gun, be careful not to melt the candle ( as you can see i did on this one slightly, whoops), you'll see how it starts to melt into it. It sound's complicated but it really isn't.I used two stamps on this and masked one of them, added some ribbon and a charm.

2 comments:

Linda said...

That's cute! Now, if they only made fire proof candles I could burn one in my house too! LOL!

Wonder if any of the battery powered candles are wax on the outside?

Robin's Crafting Creations said...

You know what, I don't know, I have one but I'd hate to ruin it, and it"s already decorated.